eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Lost My Mojo

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Lost My Mojo

So at some point over the past few weeks, my favorite talk radio station (MOJO Radio, AM 640) has undergone a radical change.

It used to be (at least for a couple of years since the first format change) a cutting-edge station that almost always had something on that entertained me. Was it sexist, juvenile and over-the-top? Absolutely. But (as they often advertised), they were different from all the other boring-ass talk radio stations out there because they targeted a specific audience, not some gender-neutral hybrid.

Anyways... now they're a sappy, run-of-the-mill talk radio station that looks at police unions, current events and mayoral issues rather than cars, women and sports. I do realize that format changes are usually prompted by a slowdown in advertising, so I know that they didn't just switch over for the fun of it. But could they have not at least done something a little less wimpy?

At least they kept Jeff Marek on board. That guy's the best thing to happen to the station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home