eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Stern Gets Sirius

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Stern Gets Sirius

In case you haven't seen it yet, Howard Stern has jumped to satellite radio, Siruis to be precise. I am certainly not his biggest fan (Nor do I dislike him. I admit; the odd time where I use the car to commute to work in the morning, I will tune him on through the Buffalo radio station). But I think it's ludicrous to be taking away his rights to say what he wants on the airwaves.

Will he lose a huge chunk of his audience moving to a relative new medium? Absolutely. But it's not like he could grow his audience on traditional radio, what with the number of affiliates that had been dropping him on Clear Channel. I figure, he probably has nothing to lose signing such a lucrative deal anyways. Plus he can stick to his principles, as twisted as they are.

I'll miss listening to him, as not only is satellite radio through this network largely unavailable in Canada, but also I couldn't afford it, even if it was. But like I said, at least he's still doing the kind of things he wants to do, and probably boosting the exposure for satellite radio by leaps and bounds.

Between this and the wussification of MOJO radio (see my blog entry from like a month ago), I'm running out of reasons to listen to the radio anymore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home