eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: New DVD's

Sunday, April 04, 2004

New DVD's

This week, I FINALLY found a store that was selling the Monday Night War DVD. For some reason, we are like six years behind the rest of the world here in Toronto, so it took seemingly forever to find it anywhere here. However... I was able to pick up both that one AND The Stone Cold Truth for $30, so not a bad buy at all.

I was quite impressed with the Monday Night War one. Was it biased towards WWE? Obviously it was. Yet they still gave Bischoff (not Ted Turner) a ton of credit for everything they did right with WCW, and allowed A LOT of people to badmouth Easy E. Let me put it this way, it was far more balanced than I figured it would be.

The other thing that caught me is how over Austin was at the height of his popularity. I mean, sure I saw it all as it was happening, but there is SUCH a difference in the crowd reaction then vs. now, that looking back at it puts the whole phenomenon in perspective. Especially his early interactions with Vince McMahon, those were priceless.

Anyways, I'd highly recommend this one.

I also picked up two other DVD's this week, besides the WWE ones -- "Before They Were Famous" (not to be confused with WWE's Before They Were Superstars) and "Night Of The Legends". They're both Jim Cornette/Dave Meltzer compliations of old Smoky Mountain stuff.

I enjoyed both of them immensely. Really interesting to see how guys like Chris Jericho and D-Lo Brown have evolved over the years. The 'insider' commentary is great, with Meltzer and Cornette as they tackle the history of the competitors, match psychology and why certain people succeeded in the business while others didn't. I've seen a bunch more at Toronto's Sam The Record Man and intend to pick a few more up (only $20 a pop, not bad at all).

Still have to see The Stone Cold Truth later on, though I'd seen some of that on television a few months ago. The Hollywood Blonds-Flair/Anderson match that's an extra, I haven't seen in ages and am looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home