eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Benoit DVD

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Benoit DVD

I just picked up "Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story" earlier today, and I haven't been able to put it down since.

While giving the thumbs up here may sound like a foregone conclusion to anyone who's already a Benoit fan, I'd even recommend this to minor Benoit fans who just want to see a really entertaining story.

The 90-minute "story" on the disc is much, much better than a lot of the previous efforts (Triple H's or Stone Cold's discs, for example). While there's clearly a lot of WWE revisionist history going on, it's still quite the compelling, feelgood story.

Then there are the 4 hours of extras. Obviously, I haven't watched them all yet, but what I've seen so far is just incredible. The Owen Hart "tribute match" between Benoit and Hart lives up to the hype (I'd never seen it before when it was on TV), as does the ECW and Japan stuff. Plus it has two of my favorite matches of the modern era (vs. Kurt Angle at Royal Rumble 2003, and the Triple Threat match at WMXX), so how can you go wrong?

Anyways, for my two cents, one of the best wrestling DVD's I've picked up in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home