eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Arrested Development (Season One DVD)

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Arrested Development (Season One DVD)

Just so I'm not the very last person on earth to jump on this particular bandwagon...

Arrested Development really IS the funniest show on television! It's hard to argue with the hype, for once. I barely caught the show in its first season (despite it being in the ideal time slot for a Simpsons fan like me) and only gave it any serious viewing at the beginning of season two.

Now that I have watched the entire first season on DVD, I am completely sold. Where to begin? Jason Bateman is just perfect as the straight man to his insane family. I remember walking out of the movie Dodgeball last summer thinking how funny Bateman was (not someone I'd normally think of as a great comedic talent). Will Arnett as G.O.B. is probably my favorite character, especially with his magic act (they should play the Europe song "Final Countdown" at least once an episode). David Cross as Tobias is just laugh out loud funny, even when he doesn't say a word; I don't know how he does it.

I could go on and on running down the entire cast, but I won't. Actually, I will also add that Henry Winkler as the family lawyer is perhaps the best recurring character on a comedy show EVER (he just allows the character to be a parody of himself, which is played to perfection. I thought I'd pass out laughing when Winkler checked himself out in the mirror during the "Altar Egos" episode.) Ayyyy!

Anyways, if you haven't seen even part of Season One yet, I would highly, highly, highly recommend going out and getting this DVD. It puts season two, and really the whole phenomenom, in terrific perspective.

(Correction: I meant Europe, not Journey. My apologies.)

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Final Countdown" was performed by the band Europe. How could you even put Journey in the same class as this legendary group?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home