eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Movie Review - Ocean's Twelve

Monday, January 24, 2005

Movie Review - Ocean's Twelve

Continuing on in our series of "Movies Everyone Else In The Free World Has Seen Before Bulldog"....

I found this one to be fun -- a lot of fun. Which is really all you can ask from one of these Italian Job-type movies. There's a suspension of disbelief, for sure, but never so much that you can't actually just sit there and enjoy the film.

I was certainly a fan of the first one, and what's not to love? Cool technology, an interesting premise, and a fairly talented cast that doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm happy to report that the sequel was 'more of the same', but definitely in a good way.

George Clooney and Matt Damon, in particular, have their roles down to a T, are believable and enjoyable in this story. The rest of the cast don't disappoint, either, although the film could have certainly used some more Bernie Mac. And of course, there's one scene (which I won't spoil), but when you see it, you'll know exactly which one I'm talking about) that's a tremendous tongue-in-cheek surprise. I just didn't see it coming at all.

The swerve at the end was expected, to be sure (not the swerve itself, but the fact that there would BE a swerve), but it at least opens the door for a third film in the series... which wouldn't be bad at all.

Like I said, Ocean's Twelve wasn't a cinematic masterpiece or anything, but it is a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend it.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

have you seen the original original?
acting isn't as good, story isn't as crisp, but the ending is WAY better then the clooney version.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

I haven't.... but I probably should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home