eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Professor Bulldog

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Professor Bulldog

This morning, I had the pleasure of being a guest speaker at my little boy's school. I have to say, I had a blast.

There were about a dozen kids who wanted to learn about journalism (and yet they turned to ME for advice. Ha!) and I basically told them a bit about what I did, how I got there (left out sleeping my way to the top) and walked them through a newspaper-type activity. These kids were between the ages of 8 and 10, so it was hard for me to remember I had to speak to their age group. But once I got that out of the way, everything was cool.

Afterwards came the Q & A portion. They asked me a bunch of fairly basic questions and one was "have you interviewed anyone famous?". Now, from the perspective of Canadian newsmakers, I definitely have. But someone these kids would know? Hmmm, that was a struggle... I thought back to my days where I covered more than business, but even then I was trying to think of someone 'famous'. Finally, I came up with "Elvis Stojko and.... The Undertaker" (whom I really did get the chance to speak with, albeit probably six or seven years ago now). At least that last one got a reaction. I reached them!

Anyways, a fun experience, for sure.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stojko's an asshole. I like your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home