eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Movie Review - Wedding Crashers

Friday, July 22, 2005

Movie Review - Wedding Crashers

Holy shit, I didn't expect to be nearly as good as it was. Honestly, probably the funniest flick I've seen since Team America (though that will be a tough benchmark to surpass).

Obviously, you all know the premise behind the film -- it's right in the damn title -- so I won't really get into that. But this movie only increases my admiration for Vince Vaughan, in his best role since Swingers (and that, too, is saying something). He is utterly hilarious, whether its his delivery or having bad things happen to him, he is easily the star of this film. Not Mr. Whiny-Voiced, Dented-Nose Owen Wilson (who, to be fair, is actually pretty tolerable in his role here). And as for the surprise cameo near the end (whom I won't give away) - this is EXACTLY the type of roles he should be given, as opposed to leading man-type roles. In short bursts, this guy is very enjoyable.

Overall, I can say I didn't go more than a couple of minutes throughout the whole thing without at least a bit of laughter, and considering the length (easily ran 2 hours, maybe longer) that's no small task. I am already hoping there's a Wedding Crashers II, though with the way this one ends, I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways, definitely worth seeing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home