eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: New Depeche Mode album

Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Depeche Mode album

Finally.

I've been waiting since the 2001 dud "Exciter" CD to see if Depeche Mode could ever return to their darker, synth-heavy "Black Celebration" era of way back then. I think I've found the album.

"Playing The Angel" is certainly not their best effort, though I would say it's possibly the best since "Violator" and that was, what, 15 years ago (I'm getting old). One song in particular, "John The Revelator" is addictive. I've probably heard it a good 10 times, and I only picked up the CD the other day.

So I'm very excited for Mode again. They've been my faves (along with The Cure) for probably decades, and I'm looking very forward to seeing them in concert in December here in TO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home