eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: TSN Rant

Monday, January 02, 2006

TSN Rant

As I type this, it's 9:38 p.m. on a Monday night, and in Canada, Raw is just getting underway. And I believe it's being joined in progress (though hard to say at his juncture). The beginning was pre-empted for yet another game in the World Junior Hockey Championships.

This is not the first time this has happened. Last week, the show didn't even AIR, and a few weeks back, I believe it was pre-empted by a good hour. This is getting ridiculous, and I know it will only get worse next year with TSN getting NFL (and thus Monday Night Football rights).

Raw in Canada still gets good ratings consistently and has been for years here. Does junior hockey get better ratings? I have no idea, but I'd have to assume so, otherwise there wouldn't be the pre-emptions. But my rant isn't about hockey, or football, or even curling and whether it should be on TSN. It's whether wrestling should be on TSN any more.

I mean.... WWE should go to another network that actually cares about airing the program on time every week. It's not as though there aren't two other sports networks in Canada, plus tons of other stations that could use a ratings boost. I just think it's time for WWE to start thinking about it...

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck, that reminds me...I've got to go set my VCR for 3:30 this afternoon.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I used to get all pissy when TSN would edit, censor, or pre-empt RAW. Of course, that's when RAW used to actually be, you know, entertaining. I find it hard to believe that any sane wrestling fan over the age of 14 still cares that much.

You're right though, TSN shouldn't air RAW anymore. Same with The Score and SmackDown. After all, Vince himself said that WWE isn't a wrestling show anymore. Why should a so-called "entertainment program" be clogging up primetime hours on a sports network?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home