eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Catching Up (Yet Again)

Monday, July 17, 2006

Catching Up (Yet Again)

First... last week's Inside The Ropes, entitled "Half-Baked, Half-Hilarious" (special thanks to guest contributor Jeb Tennyson Lund).

Hopefully, with the move complete now, I should be back to a semi-regular schedule of column writing again. Thanks to everyone for reading, even though the updates have been a little less frequent than the norm.

Onto other news....

I caught Honeymoon Suite in concert this weekend. Yes, THAT Honeymoon Suite, the ones my fellow Canadians might remember for their 2 minutes of fame in 1986 (and more recently, their McDonald's commercial). My brother, sister-in-law and I went to Woodbine Rack Track (yes, they were playing near the slot machine or a horse race parlor) in a retro mood to hear them play, and we actually got to sit RIGHT BEHIND the band!!! Unfortunately, I don't think anyone else really cared. But I got to see "The Suite" and sit right behind them, and no one can ever take that away from me. We also got a little drunk....

I can't believe "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is back on Canadian television! It's in it's old time slot of 11 or so on Sunday nights (Showcase). Didn't know how much I missed that show until I saw it again. And yes, I know its always been available on The Movie Network, but my name isn't Bulldog Rockefeller....

I'd also like to plug the new Jamie Kennedy and Stu Stone CD, entitled "Blowin' Up" (yes, the same title as their reality show on MTV). Stu, if you haven't read here before, is a loooooooongtime friend of mine who used to have a stint on ITR as "Hollywood Stu Stone". He thanks, among others in the liner notes of his CD (including ME, kind of): Vince McMahon, Carl DeMarco and Kamala.

The album itself is good. Yeah, I'm biased, but so what? Get out there and buy Blowin' Up! If even a fraction of the people who went out and bought my book get this CD, wel.... they won't have made back their money on the CD. But still, go out there and buy it anyways! If the record store clerks asks you, tell 'em Bulldog sent you!


And now, you're up to date.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right BEHIND them? I'm not a concert-goer, but wouldn't the prime spot be IN FRONT of them?

Or maybe in this case it's better not to see their old, wrinkly faces and focus on their asses jammed in tight pants.

I will admit (and NEVER tell anyone this), that I loved, loved, loved "What Does it Take".

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Perhaps you shouldn't have stated that in a public forum, then :)

No, I didn't have their asses in my face. They were playing in a gazebo, so they played to the entire area surrounding it, but really, we were at the back. HOWEVER.... we had seats and a table for the entire thing (the other big Honeymoon Marks had to stand like morons), thus why we stayed behind them.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one reads this thing. Your audience is no bigger than...a Honeymoon Suite concert.



ZING!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Hey! 13 unique viewers a day can't be wrong....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home