eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: I Don't Like Mondays

Monday, January 15, 2007

I Don't Like Mondays

My typical Monday routine: I wake up at about 5:40 a.m. and head down to the gym for a bit before work. Because my apartment building is connected directly underground to the gym, I don't have to bring with my jacket, my wallet, anything. Just a towel, my water bottle, MP3 player and my keys.

Return back to the apartment at roughly 6:45 and go to turn the lock to my apartment door; it won't open. Now, it's done that once or twice in the past month, so I usually spray some WD-40 on it and all is well. Hell, even by jiggling the keys a little, I can at least get the door open. Not this time. Also, the key is STUCK in the door.

After trying to dislodge it for about five minutes, I contact the security guard in my building. She comes upstairs to my floor, says there's not much she can do other than opening up the door with the universal key (she had thought I told her I locked myself out, which isn't exactly the case), but with my key jammed in there, that won't work. She does contact a maintenance worker, who sprays someone WD-40 in the lock (see?) but still can't help. The next step, they say, is to wait for the property manager to arrive. It's now 7:30, and I'm officially going to be late for work.

The property manager comes in, looks at my lock and assesses that the door won't open. THANKS! His suggestion is to wait for the building locksmith to come by, though that won't be for another HOUR. "Sometimes, they have to go next door and climb over from the other balcony to get into your apartment," he adds. Awesome.

By 9:30, the locksmith guy is here and with a bit of effort, he's able to open the thing up. It turns out the lock is busted, and it chose one hell of an opportune time to shut down on me. But at least I got in so I could have access to my wallet, phone, work clothes, a shower, etc. And I only arrived to work two and half hours later than normal!

TGIF! Oh, wait, it's only Monday..... Crap.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sometimes, they have to go next door and climb over from the other balcony to get into your apartment,"

Thanks for the B&E information. Now if you come home to find me sleeping on your couch, you only have yourself to blame!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Not to mention a published admission that you were going to break in :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home