eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: The Office

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Office

"You'll love it. It's the same time of humor as Arrested Development."

That's what my brother told me about The Office (the U.S. version) a good six months ago, and I didn't listen. Finally, over the holidays, a friend gave me the Season 2 DVD and I've become hooked. This past weekend, I bought the first season and have rushed through all six episodes there, too.

While the humor isn't AS clever as Arrested Development, you've got to like the characters, some of which who get more bizarre each episode. And the payoffs (at least through the end of Season 2) are fantastic. Plus some of the daily minutia reminds me of my own office, which makes it even more relatable (before you ask, I'm not Dwight. I'm probably a much, much, less cool version of Jim. Okay, maybe a white Stanley.)

My question: Anybody know when they might start re-running from the starting of season three? I imagine its still not for a while now, but I don't particularly want to start more than halfway through the season; I'd rather wait a few months if that's what it takes....

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...

I bought Season 1 & 2 based on the reviews alone - and the fact that I love all "Daily Show" alumni - yet haven't managed to get through any of them.

That's kind of a lie. I watched the first couple episodes of the initial season while I was on the treadmill, but I didn't/couldn't have it turned up loud enough to get the entire gist of what was happening. (Which is why I switched to watching wrestling-only during treadmill sessions.)

Since I am apparently coming down with the flu (thanks family!), perhaps I'll actually think of watching it now that you've reminded me of it's existence in my DVD cabinet.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

I honestly think you should give it another try. The sound IS kind of quiet, now that I think about it. And like AD, you really need to be focused on watching it.... If you're going in chronological order (unlike me), I think you'll get a kick out of "The Alliance" episode.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, after going through the first season and half of the second season since my first reply, I've decided that if I worked in an office I'd be Phyllis (minus Bob Vance). *sigh*

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Glad to hear you're watching them now.

First of all, you're no Phyllis.

Second, I'd LIKE to think that I'm my office's Jim, for a variety of reasons, though realistically, I'm probably more like Kevin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home