eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: 2006: I'm not complaining....

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006: I'm not complaining....

I wrote a piece last Dec. 31 (or thereabouts) that was quite negative in tone, and just thought I'd revisit it to see how I'm doing.

Was this year perfect for me, personally and professionally? Hardly. At times, it was a constant roller-coaster ride, and there were more than a few times where I was feeling just terrible. Yet, more often than not, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and for that, I'm thankful.

Sure, there were some truly awful moments this year for me, but I look at the positives: a place of my own, a stronger relationship with my son, my first girlfriend since I got married about a decade ago (that didn't quite come off right - you know what I mean), some real highlights at work, the best vacation I've been on ever (EVER!!!), a new online friend who is just incredible (no, not Justin Credible -- though that would be cool, too), and even on the "Bulldog" side of things, a fun new gig over at WWI and a cool little audio show.

So like I said, I'm not complaining. I look at the tremendous week I've just finished with my little boy, and I look back to last year at this time, and my quality of life (for the most part) is just so much better. Once again, I'm looking forward to challenges in the new year, but at least I'm not all "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out" the way I was with '05.

And just wanted to wish a happy new year to all of the BullBLOG readers, friends and family who have been so supportive. The best is yet to come!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

You're a very resilient guy, and I'm amazed at how you've been able to maintain such a great sense of humour through difficult times.

You deserve a little contentment in your life and you should be proud of yourself and where you're heading. But just remember the most important rule - women might smell good, but they are evil! ;-)

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I'm glad things are going well for you. Hope 2007 is good for you like 2006 was good for wrestl...er, well...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BOSS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home