eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Canadian Bulldog's 2006 Year-End Awards

Friday, December 29, 2006

Canadian Bulldog's 2006 Year-End Awards

Okay, I'm assuming that OO's YIR section isn't happening this year (we usually get our notice mid-December and there haven't been a whole lot of updates to the site lately). If that changes, I'll take this piece down, but here are my winners in all the major OO categories (I'm not going to get into all 30 or so for the purposes of this) as well as last year's winner in parentheses:

Best Wrestler of the Year: Edge (2005 winner: Shawn Michaels)
Runners-up: (1) Samoa Joe (2) John Cena (3) Big Show

Best Tag Team of the Year: LAX (2005 winner: America's Most Wanted)
Runners-up: (1) A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels (2) Brian Kendrick & Paul London (3) America's Most Wanted

Best Female Performer of the Year: Trish Stratus (2005/2004/2003 winner: Trish Stratus)
Runners-up: (1) Mickie James (2) Lita (3) Maria

Best Feud of the Year: John Cena vs. Edge (2005 winner: Matt Hardy vs. Edge)
Runners-up: (1) DX vs. The McMahons (2) Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero (3) Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

Best Match of the Year: John Cena vs. Edge at Unforgiven (2005 winner: Money In The Bank)
Runners-up: (1) Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. MNM at Armageddon (2) LAX vs. A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels at Bound For Glory (3) Mick Foley vs. Edge at WrestleMania 22

Most Favorite Performer of the Year: Edge (2005 winner: Eddie Guerrero)
Runners-up: (1) Samoa Joe (2) John Cena (3) A.J. Styles

Feel free to send along your thoughts/complaints/etc.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wanted to reply to this with my own picks, but I've only been casually following the WWE since the summer so I don't think it would be very balanced.

Actually, the best wrestling I've watched this year has been ROH stuff that's a year or two old.

I always have trouble thinking of specific matches and incidents throughout the year that stood out. My memory just doesn't work like that I guess, but I'll fill out a couple of categories:

Best Wrestler of the Year is definitely Samoa Joe. I'll also give him performer of the year.

I'll agree with you on Tag Team of the Year. For once in my life, I didn't find Konnan to be a complete waste of space.

If there was a best non-wrestler category, Kevin Nash would be the easy winner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home