eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Buffalo Bash III / Latest ITR

Monday, December 11, 2006

Buffalo Bash III / Latest ITR

So we headed down this weekend for our annual pre-holiday shopping trip to Buffalo, a/k/a "Stinktown".

As always, was a lot of fun, and picked up some decent deals on clothing ($21 -- including tax -- for a Gap winter jacket, and $9.99 for a pair of Starbury sneakers) as well as getting all the Chanukah and Christmas gifts left on our list.

In addition -- in my never-ending quest to find the best buffalo wings in town, we stopped by Frank & Teresa's Anchor Bar & Grille, apparently the home of the first buffalo wings ever (EVER!!!). My usual wing joint, at least for the earlier two Buffalo Bashes, was a place called Duff's Famous Wings, which I can't recommend enough.

Was Anchor superior to Duff's? In a word, no, though the restaurant itself had a much, much nicer atmosphere and the chicken itself was slightly tastier. But I likes me spicy (not suicidal, mind you) wing sauce, and Anchor's fell a bit short. Don't get me wrong, I'd have it again in a second, it just didn't measure up to the gold standard of Duff's. I also did pick up some "Texas Pete's" hot sauce at the local supermarket for my home winging needs; we'll see how it fares.

There's more about Buffalo Bash III, including comments from everyone involved, in the latest "Complete and Utter Bulldog", which is up now on Club WWI for members. Oh, and because I was away to plug it this past weekend, check out Inside The Ropes: The Holiday Gift Guide Edition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home