eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Survivor Series Thoughts

Monday, November 27, 2006

Survivor Series Thoughts

Back in the day, I used to be good for at least posting the results a few hours after the event. But now I'm getting lazy. And hey, so is WWE!

I didn't detest Survivor Series last night, but it certainly didn't deliver on the "big event" momentum it had going into the card.

Team Flair vs. Team Spirit Squad was perfectly fine, and it showed me once again why Flair is still vastly underrated considering his age. I don't quite understand why Arn Anderson got removed from ringside for attacking Mitch, the other manager, but what are you gonna do?

Chris Benoit vs. Chavo Guerrero was decent, some good action, but I have no clue where they go from here with this feud.

Team DX vs. Team Rated RKO had its moments, and they mostly involved Shawn Michaels acting goofy. I didn't dislike this match, and I do like that his HHHness really did attempt to give the rub to The Hardyz and especially C.M. Punk. And of course, there was no reason to protect Nitro, Helms and Knox whatsoever, but I would have liked Rated RKO to look a little stronger there. Sidenote: I HATE the combined Edge/Orton music.

Mickie James vs. Lita was okay, but I can't imagine why they seemed so intent on burying her, unless she sticks around to some degree.... even if its after a six month break or something. I'm not a huge Lita fan, but she at least deserved an okay send-off for everything she's done for the company.

The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy accomplished pretty much what I figured it would: it gave Kennedy a high-profile win while not really damaging Taker's rep any. I can't say I'm the least bit surprised by that development, but it could have been a lot worse.

Team Cena vs. Team Big Show was done bass-ackwards, plain and simple. Umaga getting DQ'd 30 seconds into the match made no sense. Giving RVD and/or Sabu a win in Philly would have been a nice morale-booster, particularly with an ECW PPV less than a week away. At the very least, why not keep the team of *decent* heels (as opposed to the nobodies of Team Rated RKO) strong in contrast to the other two heel SS teams? And while there was nothing wrong with Cena and Lashley winning, there were at least two other scenarios (either Umaga and Big Show winning, or say RVD and Cena) would have been much more satisfying.

Batista vs. King Booker was, for lack of a better description, boring as hell. I was falling asleep literally a few minutes into it. I like that they finally gave SD a main event after, what, 10 months of making them look second-rate, but this one just didn't have the momentum going for it? Nothing wrong with putting the belt on Batista (and being in the same arena, almost a year ago IS a nice touch), it just didn't seem like a real "moment", if that made sense.

So again, didn't hate the PPV, but think they certainly could have done a lot more with it. Sadly, I can't imagine the ECW and SD PPV's in the next few weeks are going to be any better....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home