eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Update from sick bay

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Update from sick bay

Well, I started feeling a little bit better towards the end of the week, and now I'm back where I started. Without getting too melodramatic, this has been the worst illness ever (EV.... no, not even enough strength to do an "EVER!!!").

Today did give me the chance to sit on my sorry butt and watch some DVD's I recently picked up on the cheap:

Date Movie: My sister-in-law warned this wasn't even worth watching for the "so bad its good" factor, and I can't say she was wrong. Even more cliched jokes than the "Scary Movie" franchise, and very few of them worth chuckling at. Yet, if you set the DVD to "laugh track" mode for a while, it's not without its charm.

The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior: A lesson for ex-WWE guys who choose NOT to participate in their career retrospective DVD's. This is a total and complete burial by Vince & company, and even the (somewhat) kind words by Hulk Hogan by the former Jim Hellwig don't balance out all the negativity here. Funny to see Christian and Chris Jericho (who?) weighing on classic Warrior interviews, but really, a damage control DVD that never needed to be made. Can't WAIT to see Randy Savage's similar DVD whenever they decide to make it.

Superstar Billy Graham - 20 Years Too Soon: And on the other hand..... here's someone who appeared on Donahue and tabloid television shows dissing Vince in the early 90's and they still managed to give him a glowing review. I'm sure it helped that he was one of Vince's favorite characters, but still... a bit of skepticism would have helped here. And yes, I'm SO sure that Graham was thrilled that Triple H inducted him into the Hall of Fame two years ago. I think Superstar needs to join the Kiss My Ass club, if he hasn't already. Not to say that wasn't "ahead of his time" and a unique character, I just didn't really feel this one.


Anyways, as far as columns for next week, I really don't know if I'll be feeling up to them. Its just hard to feel "funny" when you're struggling to stay awake 24/7 with a strep throat. But we'll see. Later....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]kSFSQYqGIBvWZB[/url] - edpzjUs , http://hhmgziigpu.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home