eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Film Review - "The Simpsons Movie"

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Film Review - "The Simpsons Movie"

Okay - so I'm going to try to get through this without giving way ANY spoilers. It's going to be hard, but I realize not EVERYONE in the world went to see it opening night.

So let me put it this way: If you are a Simpsons fan, you are going to love this. If you're a hardcore fan, even more so. The jokes here are almost "rewards" for longtime fans, because they answer a lot of questions (without ACTUALLY answering them) and give the viewer a lot of moments they've waiting a long time to see. At least, that was my experience.

(Also, my sister-in-law, who HATES the Simpsons, was coerced into going, and I could definitely see her smiling and giggling at certain parts. So there's that as well.)

I went with a group of twelve others, and it made for a much more enjoyable experience. Honestly, this isn't the type of film where watching it on a DVD will do it justice (though I fully intend on buying the DVD) - it's hard to explain why a cartoon would have that effect, but it just DOES.

The only weak spot is that I thought there would be more cameo appearances by celebrities, and there were only a handful. Not that that REALLY took away from my enjoyment of it, but that's just something I thought would be a given.

At just short of 90 minutes, the film isn't the longest either. But look at this way -- it's the length of THREE Simpsons episodes, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.

In short let me just say: Woo-hoo! U-S-A! U-S-A! Screw Flanders.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home