eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Film of the Year

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Film of the Year

Just got back from seeing the movie 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', and I am proclaiming it the best movie I have seen in years. Seriously; it was THAT good.

It's funny; I had avoided this one for more than a month now, and just decided to see it tonight because there was nothing else interesting at the theater I was at. But then, maybe 30 minutes into it, I was thinking "This is the best movie I've seen since Adaptation", which of course was also by Charlie Kauffman. No coincidence, I guess, that both of them were just so original and thought-provoking (yet, I never really got into 'Being John Malkovich'. Go figure?).

I'll also say that both Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey gave the best performances I've ever seen of them (not that I'm huge fans of either, though Kate impressed me in 'David Gale' last year).

If there's any justice, this BETTER be up for some serious Oscar-age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home