eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Then the terrorists will truly win...

Friday, October 08, 2004

Then the terrorists will truly win...

If you've been to the OO message boards in the last 12 hours or so, you would have seen this message..

For the time being the OO Forums have been disabled following yet another hacker attack. I don't know when this happened, I only know that between the time I shutdown to enjoy SD! and baseball tonight, and a quick e-mail pop-in, the forums were re-hacked by the same idiotic douchebag who is hitting XMB-scripted forums all over the 'net. And as I'd feared, this time, the attack was more severe.
Now you know me, I'm the Rick, which means I might have had a few cocktails tonight while enjoying my night of TV crapulance. Bottom line, I'm kinda sorting through all this, and it looks like we've lost a bunch of data; he/they actually attacked the board's posts/threads DB this time, and didn't just change templates/lay-out. I will examine more closely and with a clearer head in the near future, but for now, wading through the mounds of scripting to figure out for sure how much (and what) might have been lost seems a precarious proposition. So I'm simply suspending operations, and at least taking El Grande Morono's pretend-terrorist bullshit down.
Worst case scenario: on Friday or over the weekend, I'll have to restore everything from my most recent back-up, which would mean all posts since October 1 will be lost. Which ain't SO bad, right?
Hugs and Kisses,

Rick

Aaargh!!! This is so annoying; not just to me, but the hundreds of people who frequent OO and other message boards, by the sounds of things. This is now (at least) the third time this month the "Abo Karim" people have hacked the boards.

I have yet to understand why idiots like this get their jollies from ruining other people's hobbies.

Hey, you fucking bastard Board Terrorists -- a challenge to you on the off-off-off chance any of you morons (or your disciples) happen to frequent this blog.

Send me your e-mail so we can discuss your little cult. Doesn't have to be a primary e-mail address; I don't care. I just want to communicate with you. I have a feeling I could change your minds about things.

Muhuhahahahahahaha....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home