eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Ring of Honor

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Ring of Honor

I'd seen exactly one Ring of Honor video before yesterday night, and it was one of their earlier events (to be profiled in an upcoming review on OO). I was very impressed, but was curious to see how the tiny, workrate-focused promotion had evolved over the years.

I found out last night. In a word: wow.

I have to give major props to Gumgod's Derek Burgan for sending me a copy of "Final Battle 2004" as well as an (autographed!) shoot interview with Sensational Sherri. Now, I haven't been able to watch through the entire ROH video (time constraints) but the first two hours or so were extremely impressive. Granted, the video quality isn't even on a TNA level or anything, but for up-and-coming guys, THIS is the pony to bet on.

My favorite moment (so far; I've been told the main event is a must-see) was a verbal confrontation between Mick Foley and Rick Steamboat, who at this time was just hired by WWE. Foley takes several shots at WWE's talent (including Heidenreich, SHNITSKY, Luther Reigns and Chris Benoit???) and even kind of apologizes for being punched in the face backstage by Ric Flair at a recent Raw. Just surreal stuff. Steamboat, for his part, is pretty quiet and doesn't say much of note. But nonetheless a classy guy for (A) helping out ROH as much as he had and (B) pushing the talent on his way out of the company, which clearly he didn't have to do.

Looking forward to the main event (as well as the Sherri interview; I'll bet she mentions my prank to her at least three or four times!). Anyways, I'd HIGHLY recommend what I've seen of Final Battle 2004 so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home