eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Most Random Story Ever! EVER!!!

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Most Random Story Ever! EVER!!!

So this weekend, I had one of the funniest nights in a long time, fueled by plenty of alcohol and a pair of very strange coincidences.

After an initial round of drinking after work, I had plans to go out with my brother and two other friends to visit a friend who is promoting a Hallowe'en show at Toronto's El Mocambo club. My brother calls me, oh, around 10:30 or so, says to wait at a certain street corner. So I do, but in the process of them manuevering crowded downtown streets, we end up being a bit later than we would have otherwise.

After parking, we take a different route than we normally would for no real reason. I should point out my brother is now wearing a Satan mask on his head. And as we're walking up to the ElMo, we pass another club (in actuality, a bagel restaurant with a stage set up in the rear) and someone calls over to me.

Well.... this is the strangest thing. It was a guy who I used to be best of friends with when I was 13 or so. We had a band together, even went to a recording studio at one point; we were very serious about our music. He's still very much into it, and has in fact made a career out of it. So he says "I didn't know you were riding with Satan these days." And I say "You remember my brother?" and he unmasks. Anyways, I'd thought this was the funniest thing in the world; I was also still very much smashed at this point.

The friend invites me to check out his band a bit later on that night (yes, at the bagel store) and I say I'll try to swing by; I'm still laughing like a hyena over whatever, and we go on our way.

Head to the ElMo to hear the main band, Wasabi Collective (they ain't bad) and about 90 minutes into their set, I ask my friends if they want to come with and hear my friend. Only my brother elects to, so the two of us head over to "The Bagel."

While we're waiting for the band to start, my brother and I just start reminscing on random people we used to know 5, 10 years ago and at one point, the conversation turns to a pair of brothers who used to work for me. So of course, who do we bump into on the way out, but one of the brothers!!! It was the strangest, most random thing. This led to the biggest giggle fit I think I've ever had, and after 7 Keith's and a couple Lakeports, I just couldn't stop laughing.

During the course of our conversation, this guy mentions that he's friends (and works for) one of the guys in the band. Which one? Take a guess. These guys, from completely different parts of my life, are good friends with each other.

After that, we head back to El Mocambo (with me donning the Satan mask for a few choice dance moves) before retiring for the evening. Just some really freaky shit....

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home