eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Feelin' Cerealicious!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Feelin' Cerealicious!

Offbeat story of the day: There's a new eatery in the food court below where I work that sells nothing but cereal and "gourmet" peanut butter sandwiches. Seriously! I have a copy of their menu right here, and that's all they advertise.

Even though I don't usually eat breakfast, and I try (and often fail) to bring my own lunch to work, this place got my attention for some reason. Perhaps its because I have the eating habits of a six year-old (no, really. I do.), or perhaps the smell of peanut butter and Count Chocula was too much for one man to resist. But today I had my lunch at "Cerealicious".

I just figured I'd have a plain old peanut butter sandwich. Not very adventurous, I'll grant you that, and for the price to have someone make me a sandwich, I could have gone to the bagel shop and had something a little more substantial. But then they show me all the options: peanut butter, cinamoon, raisins and apple slices (The Sin-a-Sandwich); chunky peanut butter with pineapple slices, sliced banana and coconut (The Peanut Colada) and numerous others. Then you get to choose what kind of bread, what kind of peanut butter (they had like six different kinds) and what kind of jam or other spread (a dozen different choices). I felt like I was ordering a steak or something with all the instructions here. Prices ranged from $2 to $4, depending on how fancy you made your sammich. Ooh, and I also got three Oreo cookies as my choice of "side dish", packed into a tiny Chinese takeout-type box. Cool!

True, it wasn't what most of you might call a "nutritious" meal, and I'm sure it ruined whatever good I'd done at the gym this morning, but dammit, I guess I was just feeling Cerealicious today.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your building full of "suits"? Because it humours me to think about a bunch of well-dressed people, toting briefcases, or talking into their little handsfree cellphone earpieces while ordering up some Cocoa Pebbles and nanners.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to add...you're a dork. :-)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

(1) Yes, the dwellers in my building are all about the suits.
(2) Yes, I know I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home