eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: 24

Monday, January 15, 2007

24

24 is another show I'd never seen until recently, but on the advice of my brother, I watched all four hours of the season premiere, just to see if I had been really missing anything.

The bottom line? It seems like an interesting program, but only if you invest a lot of time into it. I'm not saying I won't eventually go back and start watching from the first season, but it's certainly not a priority. I'm not a huge fan of dramatic television to begin with, and this just seems like too much effort to get to know all the characters, their backgrounds, etc.

That said, I DO want to see where they're going with the current story arc...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's bad when you're too lazy to watch TV.

I have the same kind of sense about "24". I generally really like Kiefer Sutherland, but I've found that I have absolutely no ability to stick with ANY show consistently.

The only show in recent memory that I made a point to watch from day 1 was "My Name Is Earl". I made it about 4 weeks before either schedule changes, or my own inability to keep the days of the week straight led to missed episodes. And I don't think I've watched it since.

I guess that's why I'd rather watch home improvement shows. There's no storyline to follow.

Will Jill choose the yellow or green paint? Is the basement structurally sound? Isn't $800,000 too much to pay for a 600 square foot dump in Malibo? That's about the extent of the questions I want to think about when watching TV.

So, that means I've been collecting DVDs - and not watching them either. Arrested Development, the aforementioned My Name is Earl, the Office, NewsRadio, Reno911...all shows I think I would like, or have seen once or twice but am too lazy to watch during the regular television season. Pathetic really.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger PyroFalkon said...

Yeah, 24 not only needs a lot of time to watch for a particular season, but you have to remember to watch all the seasons (or at least know what was going on) to have any clue as to what's going on.

I speak from experience: 24 is a show where, if you miss half an episode, you're behind and won't fully understand everything until the end of that episode. If you miss a whole episode or two, you'll have to do some online research to catch up. If you miss three or more, forget it, just buy the DVDs.

This is why I love DVRs. No worries about missing episodes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home