eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Royal Rumble Thoughts

Monday, January 29, 2007

Royal Rumble Thoughts

The Rumble is always my favorite event of the year, and this year's didn't disappoint. Sure, there were some clunkers (Batista/Kennedy and Lashley/Test), but Cena vs. Umaga was another solid outing and the Rumble match held my interest pretty much throughout. Of course, I had predicted (can't remember where, but trust me) that the final four would be Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Rated RKO, with Taker winning the whole thing -- hardly a bold call, mind you.

One thing I'd like to see return to the Rumble next year is the "surprise entrant". Surely they could have dug up Honky Tonk Man or Hillbilly Jim or even one of the dozen legends they have on staff to make a quick 90-second appearance, no? But really, I have no complaints with the way this year's panned out.

Although I'd already predicted the Mania card a while ago, guess it's time to do some revisions (and in fairness, the main guy is out injured now). So here goes:

-- Undertaker vs. Batista
-- John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
-- Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam (and yes, I realize that's THREE face vs face matchups)
-- Edge vs. Randy Orton
-- Money In The Bank: Hardy Boyz vs. MNM vs. World's Greatest Tag Team vs. London and Kendrick
-- Chris Benoit vs. Mr. Kennedy
-- Mickie James vs. Melina
-- Donald Trump/Vince McMahon crapfest


Looking at this way, it's certainly not as appealing as the show just a month or so ago.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home