eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Foley

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Foley

I've had four people now ask me what I thought of Mick Foley's newest book "Hardcore Diaries", and other than saying "It's pretty damn good", I'm not going to elaborate on that... yet.

My next "Wrestling With Literature" column, which will probably be out after WrestleMania some time, reviews all five of Foley's books (not including his children's books, that is). To do that, I had to track down a copy of "Scooter" (his more recent of the two non-wrestling novels).

I've been the book reading on and off this weekend, and I've been digging his writing style, moreso than I did in "Tietam Brown". But then tonight, I was just polishing off another chapter or two in bed and -- BAM! -- one part of it, literally just a paragraph, made me sit up in awe. It might not be that interesting to everyone, but to me, Foley has once again reinvented himself as an author with this minor development.

Again, I'm saving the full review for when I can collect my thoughts, but so far, Scooter has been MUCH BETTER than I would have imagined.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home