eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Family Guy Star Wars Episode

Monday, September 24, 2007

Family Guy Star Wars Episode

I'm not generally a huge Family Guy fan... I mean, I'll watch it if it's on, but won't go out of my way to see it or anything, as I might with The Simpsons. But this episode was hands down my favorite.

Not only was it amazing from a visual standpoint, but they were quite faithful to "A New Hope" at the same time, sneaking in some SWEET references to Airplane, Asteroid, Doctor Who, Vacation, etc. Everyone played their characters well (I wasn't convinced beforehand that Peter and Chris shouldn't have reversed their roles) and even the cameo appearances (Greedo, the Death Star Trash Bin Monster) were just awesome.

The Simpsons season premiere on the other hand.... big f'ng meh. I was hopeful after the movie that maybe this would give the writers a renewed interest, but doesn't look like that's the case if this episode was any indication. That said, I did enjoy the post-movie introduction at the starting... a nice little bit of continuity there.

In other TV news... only 3 more days til The Office!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Office will surely be awesome.

Hour long, baby.

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my loved one! I want to say that this article is amazing, great written and come with almost all significant infos.
I'd like to peer extra posts like this .
my web page > business directory

 

Post a Comment

<< Home