eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Updates

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Updates

(A) Thank you to EVERYONE who has sent me e-mails, message, flowers (okay, no flowers yet), etc. with well wishes, jokes, good tidings and the like. I can't tell you how much they mean to me during this time. Seriously. Thank you all.

(B) On a very related note, I will probably not be doing any writing, at least ITR-related stuff, for the next little while. I just can't, I'm not feeling very funny right now, if that makes any sense. Hopefully, that will all change soon. An unfunny Bulldog is not a normal Bulldog, to say the least.

(C) Flood update: So for what I thought was going to be a minor inconvenience is now a MAJOR house problem that will rack up tens of thousands in damages (Thankfully, I chose water damage coverage in my insurance package, so the bulk will be paid for). We're talking at least 80 % of the carpets will have to be replaced, most of the baseboards, one wall in the basement, my kitchen floors and a whole lot of ceiling. Damn! And this will take roughly three weeks to do. They began work today, and because the floodwater seeped into the floors, we'll have these HUGE humidifier-type objects on every level of the house, operating at full volume, for 20 hours/day, for at least five days.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You know what -- maybe you folks could keep the well wishes coming after all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home