eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Feeling old....

Monday, September 13, 2004

Feeling old....

So I officially turned 31 yesterday (as opposed to unofficially, I guess). For the first time in a LONG time, I'm actually feeling my age, as if the one-day difference aged me considerably.

I'm very reflective of things this year, and I know I've got a very challenging year ahead of me. Perhaps moreso than ever.

But I'm thinking about the good things today, not the bad ones: I have a wonderful little boy who's about to enter his first day of kindergarten tomorrow (yeah, here comes that "old man" feeling again), and his future is a bright one. I think about his happiness a LOT these days, and how badly I want him to continue to be happy, healthy and well-adjusted.

I have a job that I still enjoy quite a bit, despite being there for 5 odd years now. It remains challenging, and fun, and for the most part, I'm surrounded by good people.

I have my health, as trite as that sounds, and I know how important that is. I have a good network of family and friends around me that I know I can count on.

So really, things could be a lot worse. Like I said, this will be an interesting year ahead of me.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

congrats. my four year old started junior kindergarten this week. is it scarier for us or the kids? mine didn't seemed fazed at all and i really didn't want to let go of her hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home