eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Survivor Series Thoughts

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Survivor Series Thoughts

I was surprisingly pleased with the way this one turned out. Even though I didn't predict the right matches, doesn't mean it wasn't the right series of decisions. And I do applaud where they're going in a lot of these directions:

Spike Dudley vs Chavo Guerrero Vs. Billy Kidman vs Rey Mysterio

This was fantastic. All four guys worked their asses off, not that I suspected anything less. Anyways, remarkably good choice for an opener.

Shelton Benjamin Vs. Christian

Add Christian to the list of guys who have gone out of their way to make Benjamin look fantastic. Not that Benjamin didn't shine on his own; but Christian going all-out made the whole match even better. For once, I agree with JR that something HUGE is in the cards for Shelton Benjamin.

Team Guerrero Vs. Team Angle

Cena was remarkably over here, and I liked how they advanced the Carlito issue without having the two of them actually face off again. Having Show, etc. come out on top was certainly the right way to go here.

Undertaker Vs. Heidenreich

Surprisingly good, and it kept my interest, unlike most of Taker's recent matches. Heidenreich is not only good at playing his character, but he also held his own in the match. Not great or anything, but better than I thought it would be.

Trish Stratus Vs. Lita

I like the way this played out. They allowed Lita to (finally) get her revenge, while still keeping the feud alive. And call me crazy, but I think the gimmick of Stone Cold Lita might just work going forward, if they do it right. Trish, of course, was hilarious in selling the nose.

Booker T Vs. JBL

Ok, here's the one decision I disagree with. Why on earth are they so AGAINST giving Booker the belt? It would have been the right decision here, even with the whole "JBL quitting" stipulation. I mean, he could have wormed his way out of the pledge, saying Booker cheated or something, or even gone on to Raw. I'm not saying I dislike JBL, or even JBL as champion (to a degree), but enough is enough here.

Team ORTON! ORTON! BAH GAWD, ORTON! Vs. Team HHH

Again, I would have been happier had Triple H won in the end, but it doesn't really matter. A fantastic bout from beginning to end, with everyone doing a great job at keeping things exciting.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home