eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Book Review - WWE's "Are We There Yet?"

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Book Review - WWE's "Are We There Yet?"

I hadn't even heard of this book until I saw it tucked away on a Borders bookshelf during my recent "Flights from hell". But this was just released a few weeks ago, apparently, to very little fanfare. And I've got to tell you -- it's not bad.

The book (very short, I should say up front, at only 200-odd paperback pages) is a collection of crazy road stories, ribs and that sort of thing, written by (mostly) current WWE guys. Most of them are short and two the point, a couple are extended tales. For the most part, they're little bite-sized antecdotes that, with the exception of three or four, I'd never heard elsewhere before.

Surprisingly, some of the funniest stories come from guys like Triple H, Coach, Paul Heyman and Mark Henry. Randy Orton's is good, too, but only because it fits the stereotype we have of him to a T. The section on ribs is, obviously, the funniest part of the book. Most of these ribs are of the harmless kind, unlike the ones Piper and Flair describe in their books. But they're still worth reading.

Anyways, I'd definitely recommend picking this one up if for nothing more than a light read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home