eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Judgment Day Thoughts

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Judgment Day Thoughts

Well.... what to say here? I knew going into that this was going to be a typical, albeit well-planned, SmackDown PPV, so if I complain about the quality of the show, I have no one to blame but myself.

MNM vs Holly/Haas was what it was: terrible, mid-card filler. Let's get some actual tag teams in our tag team division here...

Carlito vs Show was just awful. I get that they're trying to make Morgan into The Next Big Thing (complete with his finisher), but it just seems like too much, too soon.

London vs Chavo was underwhelming. All things considered, they had enough time to get this match going but never quite made anything out of it.

Booker T vs Angle really lacked the intensity it need to pay off this kind of match. Still, I am SHOCKED that Booker got the win here. It's the right decision, but it's not like WWE often does things like that with Book. One major complaint: the aftermath took up waaaaaay too much PPV time.

Jordan vs Heidenreich was worse than I could have even imagined it being.

Guerrero vs Mysterio was decent, but I somehow expected more of it. It seems as though they'll never match the intensity or awesomeness of their Hallowe'en Havoc match years ago. Not only that, but Eddie could have gone a lot more psycho following the match to pay off what they were trying to.

Cena vs JBL was... amazing. It was a great, intense, bloody brawl that I would never figured either man capable of pulling off. And it was mostly JBL, bumping like crazy and working really stiff -- if only he had shown this kind of intensity during his title reign, I think a lot of people would have given more respect. I know I would have. In any event, this one match saved the entire pay-per-view. It was that good.

Don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't buy the DVD or anything, but it's worth watching this match to see what an inspired JBL and Cena are capable of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home