eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Stu Stone/Jamie Kennedy concert

Friday, August 12, 2005

Stu Stone/Jamie Kennedy concert




Went to see my bud (and frequent ITR target) Stuart Stone last night in Toronto as part of Jamie Kennedy's hip hop tour. I've got to give them both credit -- they have just signed a deal with MTV for some sort of rap reality show, and I wish them both the best of luck on it, particularly Stu, whom I've known since I used to piledrive him as a child (I was young back then, too, so its not nearly as bad as it sounds).

We arrived at the York Event Theatre (a refurbished movie house that's become sort of a high-class ballroom) at 8 p.m. and the place was PACKED! I'm talking, we had to wait outside for a good half an hour, which has been a rarity in my past experiences at a Stu Stone/Stone Movement show (no offense, Stu). But the crowd was an odd one. Lots of people there "to be seen", a mix of agent wannabe's, model wannabe's and more ho's than a trip to Canadian Tire (sorry, I had to get that in. It sounded much funnier before I typed it out, trust me). And then there was us, a group of longtime Stu Stone "marks".

Well, we waited till past 11 for "the main event" and Jamie and Stu, and it wasn't a bad show. They've definitely got the showmanship down pat, and the music is catchy (if not a little "out there" and "offensive"). A few comedy sketches in between the songs, including Stu's attempt to get a "Canada vs. USA" angle going (Hart Foundation 97, it wasn't), helped move things along, and of course, they closed with the Bob Saget "Rollin' With Saget" song. Bob, unfortunately wasn't there for his part; thankfully, Dave Coulier was (kidding. It was just sampled).

All in all, not a bad little show. If the tour comes to your town, definitely check it out. Oh, and I have some pics of the show here. They're not great, though, as my flashizzle was on the fritzizzle. Word!

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE TO GET ME THAT ALBUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home