eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Unforgiven Thoughts

Monday, September 19, 2005

Unforgiven Thoughts

What sounded like a pretty shitty show on paper.... well, ended up pretty shitty. Give them credit for delivering as advertised, I suppose.

Noteworthy for those who have been following my escapades at the local movie theater that shows WWE events: they almost kicked us out this time! For cheering and booing! Even though everyone else does it too! Okay, there's a good story behind it, but one I'm going to have to get into at another time. Still; being almost kicked out, geez.

Flair vs. Carlito

An okay match saved by the fact that they acknowledged Flair hitting a move off the top rope. It was a nice little touch by the announcers, the fans and even Flair. Though it would have been funny had Carlito just slammed him like normal on the second attempt. Other than that one spot, though, nothing special.

Trish/Ashley vs. Victoria/Torrie

What can I say? Trish deserved far better than this in her big return match. Ashley looked like she broke her neck after being thrown through the ropes. Terrible match.

Big Show vs. Snitsky

Why?

Shelton Benjamin vs. Kerwin White

A passable contest that could have benefited by a bit more backstory. At least Shelton won, so I'm not complaining too much. And the White character is really growing on me.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Not the strongest cage match in the world, but nothing horrible, either. Does this prove that the bookers weren't out to bury Matt Hardy all along? I don't know, but at least he has some vindication that WWE is investing in this angle. Watch there be a "Winner Gets Lita" match at Taboo Tuesday now.

Hurricane and Rosey vs. Cade and Murdoch
How did THIS end up so high on the card? Predictable, boring and again, some REAL backstory may have helped this one here. I will say, though, when Hurricane took that DDT from Murdoch and the trainer ran (he didn't walk) down to ringside, it seemed like a legit injury.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters
I guess I had higher expectations for this one, but this is the problem, I guess, when Masters hasn't really had any big matches yet. Michaels carried him fine, and it wasn't a bad match per se, it just showed me nothing from Masters, which is what I think the match needed here. I still say The Masterpiece lands a job working for HBK at one point down the road.

John Cena vs. Kurt Angle
This just sucked, pure and simple. Cena is capable of better; he showed me that vs Jericho last month. Angle can carry a broomstick to four stars, so the saying goes. So what the hell happened here?

I hate to say it, but this needed more Bischoff in a bad way. A nice screwjob ending to set up for the inevitable Taboo Tuesday rematch. Even if it DIDN'T conclude with Angle winning the belt, it would have a lot more sense. And the ending was beyond lame! Didn't we just see that two months ago at GAB? Well, I guess the problem was, no one DID see that. Ugh..

You know, I may have been better off getting kicked out of the theater.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

dude, i hope your getting comission cheques. RAW, 10:19pm, cena just said shnitsky.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Aw, come on, it wasn't... his... fault!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home