eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Hardcore Homecoming

Monday, October 31, 2005

Hardcore Homecoming

I was absolutely shocked to see a double-DVD of this event while shopping this weekend. My experience in Toronto has been if it's recent and non-WWE, we just don't get the videos (though, through a combination of trips to the U.S., mail order and a generous few of you out there who have sent me DVD's to review, I've been doing okay). But here was this one and I snapped it up instantly.

I'm not completely done watching it yet (there is a ton of content here in addition to the June event itself), including a generous portion of the "Forever Hardcore" documentary (which I was planning on getting, and may very well do so now); Blue Meanie describing the JBL incident; and a ton of pre and post show interviews. And the video quality is pretty damn good, all things considered.

The card itself has been dubbed my many as superior to WWE's One Night Stand, held the very same weekend. Going into this, I really doubted it, given the lower production values, fewer big ECW names, etc. But I have to say, I've been really, really impressed with what I've seen so far. Actually, one of the best "big" shows I've seen this year, One Night Stand included.

Anyways, I will probably write up a review, eventually, but just wanted to say if you happen to see this for sale somewhere, grab it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home