eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Catching Up (Again)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catching Up (Again)

Gah! Been another busy week for your friendly neighborhood Bulldog. There WILL be a column on WWI later today; probably nothing for OO, though. Reason being: I wrote the WWI one a while ago but haven't had time to write something more timely for the 'Slaught. Could be a few more weeks of this.

In brief...

- Caught The Da Vinci Code on Friday, and was really unimpressed. Essentially, I loved the book and the film was quite faithful to the book. Unfortunately, the book just didn't seem to translate well to the big screen. Too many flashbacks, too much talking, and add to the fact that I was watching this until almost 1 a.m. Definitely not something I would recommend rushing out to see.

- Loved the ECW One Night Stand PPV. Sure, it's really a WWE show with a different look to it. So what? It's different, it's fun, we're getting some old and new names there -- what's the problem? I wish I got the Sci-Fi show here, but I guess that's what YouTube is for. Foley/Edge vs Dreamer/Funk was a work of art, and all of the other matches were just unique enough to work. I'll reserve judgment on what's happening with the title for now...

- Picked up "The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers" DVD. Haven't watched it the whole way through yet, but digging it so far. Another fun retro-release, with a lot of old clips mixed in with newer interviews. I'm sure I'll have a DVD review of it up.... at some point.

Yeah, I think that's it for now. And apologies in advance for the lack of updates -- after my latest round of shit is settled, hopefully by mid-July, things will be back to normal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home