eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Dante's Pizza

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dante's Pizza

I don't think I've ever opined on this before here in three years of blogging, so here goes: The world's best pizza happens to be in Thornhill, Ontario, in the form of Dante's Italian Eatery.

Why am I bringing this up now? I became reacquainted with my old friends at Dante's the other night after probably 9 months of lesser-quality pizzas. Why the long wait? Well, firstly I moved and wasn't sure I was in their delivery area anymore and also, it's quite expensive. Thus, I limited my "pizza nights" (generally speaking - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, sometimes Friday, Saturday and Sunday) to frozen pizza and the ocassional Pizza Pizza (for anyone outside of southern Ontario reading this, roughly the McDonald's equivalent to pizza) offering.

But the other night, I decided to treat myself and it was just incredible. Their sauce is the main attraction -- it's just so thick and, I don't know, zesty. The sauce is highly addictive (I was hooked on the stuff in the late 80's). But on top of that (technically, below that, I guess) is one of the best crusts I've ever had -- not too doughy, but not hard as a rock, either, with cornmeal sprinkled on the bottom to give it some more texture. Their cheese is easily the best anywhere. And though I'm not normally a Pepperoni Man, they just seem to slice and cook it perfectly.

I realize breaking down a pizza to this level of detail sounds a bit silly, but once you've had it, you'll know what I mean....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.

"Dante's Inferno," or unwanted guests perhaps from the inferno would choose something much more...yeah, I mean that's true what you write. That main guest wasn't hanging around for pizza, I just remembered last night. I'll try to stay with authentic pizza. It's not a hard choice, just intrusive those guests...makes the situation once again out of control.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Bad, their management are asses

The Attitudes of management and order staff at this establishment are appalling. I had placed delivery order for some food from this establishment. 15 Minutes later I called to cancel the order stating and emergency family situation/personal reasons. The disrespectful management at the establishment asked why I had ordered food if I didn’t want it. Needless to say 15 minutes ago there was no family emergency now there was I was performing a courtesy by calling and not leaving them to deliver product to any empty house. For this trouble I was informed that if I didn’t come and pickup the food myself I was to be black listed and could never order from this establishment again. Needless to say I after this treatment I would never order from this establishment again. It turns out the family member whom the emergency situation was about passed away a few hours later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home