eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: I (Detest) Huckabee's

Sunday, October 24, 2004

I (Detest) Huckabee's

Okay, I don't detest it, and I've certainly seen worse movies this year (Envy springs to mind immediately). But it was just.... just... trying too hard to be different and intelligent. I'll give it credit for certainly being an original film and at times, Mark Wahlberg was quite funny, but that's about as charitable as I'll get.

I don't like this trend of films purposely trying to confuse their audience. If it all comes together in the end (for example, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which I loved), then fine, but if you walk out of the theater thinking 'What the FUCK did I just spend two hours watching?', then it really is pointless.

Maybe if you're stoned or something this might be 'out there' enough to click for you, but other than that, I'd give it a serious miss. In fact, I came very close to seeing Team America instead (even though I just saw it last week) and would have been well-served to do so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home