eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Backlash Thoughts

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Backlash Thoughts

To answer a NUMBER of emails I've already received.... YES, I heard Edge's comment. Fucking copycat! Oh.. and thanks to the anonymous youngster who put me over on Live Audio Wrestling tonight.

Show was pretty damn decent, and our group at the North York movie theater have added a new gimmick to our repetoire: booing loudly whenever someone walks in front of us. I guess you have to experience it to see the humor, but trust me, good stuff...

Shelton Benjamin over Chris Jericho

Better than I expected, and perhaps Jericho's best outing in a while. Benjamin, as always, was spot on to boot. Very creative finish, and I'm fine with Jericho going heel if that's where they're going with it.

Rosey and Hurricane win Tag Team Turmoil

Okay, this was the one prediction I missed for the entire card (I had the even MORE darkhorse team of Maven and Simon Dean pegged), but WHO THE HELL would pick these guys to win? Still, I suppose they needed to have someone for The Hearthrobs to eventually beat...

Edge over Benoit

Just perfect. Easily their finest outing to date, and that's saying something. I just HOPE that wasn't a real brick (though with the sound it made, who knows?).

Kane over Viscera

Ehhhh.... but it goes to show you The Power of Trish. If she was able to turn frickin' VISCERA face, then she can do just about anything.

Hogan/Michaels over Hassan/Daivari

Exactly as advertised, which isn't a bad thing in small doses. They could have gone a little shorter, but lord help us if they cut into Hogan's posing time. Whatever. No harm done, I don't think.

Batista over Triple H

Better than their WM match, I think, probably because of the focus on the Pedigree (which honestly I didn't think was enough to carry a match, and I was proven wrong). It seemed pretty definitive to me, so I don't understand how they headline a third PPV.

Overall, I enjoyed the show (and our movie theater antics). Starting to count the days down to the ECW PPV now...

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EDGE SAID BANK ON IT~!!! YOU DA MAN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home