eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: Movie Review - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Movie Review - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Ehhhh.

I wish I had a more enthusiastic response for this one, but I just can't. It did very little to leave me with a lasting impression.

Now don't get me wrong - I really dug Douglas Adams' books back in the day, and just LOVED the BBC Radio broadcast of the initial episodes. So it's not like I don't GET the point of this.... the production just didn't do it for me, I suppose.

This is nothing to do with the actors, they were fine, if not a little unremarkable. But the whole script was just too... slow to really make much of an impact. There were a few cute moments (I loved their portayal of Marvin, for example), but the bad just seemed to outweigh the good, for me at least.

Ugh.... just left a poor taste in my mouth. How many days till Star Wars again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home