eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: A New Hope?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A New Hope?

After much anticipation (by me), I finally showed my 4 1/2 year old son the first (well, fourth, technically, but first by release date) Star Wars movie. A few weeks ago, he saw some pictures of Star Wars in a movie magazine, and been asking me questions about it ever since.

He kept asking me to draw a picture of him standing alongside C-3PO and R2-D2, although he couldn't quite get the names right and called them "3-CPO and R-T-D-T" several times. The misspelled droids are now his "best friends" for some strange reason.

So we decided it was time to watch the movie. And his reaction was....

..... ehhh.

I guess he really wasn't into it. I mean, it WAS almost 30 years ago and the production values, as advanced as they were at the time, really reflect that. Despite me excitedly giving him a running commentary ("Look at that, now C-3PO's on Darth Vader's Bad Guy Planet!!"), he seemed to be happier tuning in ocassionally and playing with his Thomas the Tank Engine trains.

Oh well. Maybe he'll grow into it later on. May the force be with him.

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

i haven't tried this yet with my 5 year old little girl. i was wondering if it would be better to start with 1 and go from there?

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

The reason I started with Episode 4 is because there's no way I'm going to let my son see a PG-13 movie, which is what Ep III is rated.

Plus, I liked the first trilogy a WHOLE LOT better.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

good point.
i'll let you know how it turns out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home