eXTReMe Tracker Canadian BullBLOG: New Year's Revolution thoughts

Monday, January 09, 2006

New Year's Revolution thoughts

To me, this was the very definition of a "thumbs in the middle" show. Firstly, I only went 3-for-6 in my predictions, which makes me think either (a) I've lost of my touch or (b) the writers are out of touch. But still, that alone is not enough to turn me off of a PPV. After all, I don't mind being surprised, if it serves a purpose...

The Edge thing WAS a nice surprise for sure, and now it makes the Road to WrestleMania all that much more interesting. I cannot believe the Cena heat there; I've been saying it for months, but they absolutely HAVE to turn him heel now. When Carlito gets a bigger face pop than you, maybe it's time to reassess your character.

The Elimination Chamber was quite well done, especially considering the veterans weren't really carrying the match, per se. Triple H vs. Big Show was exactly what the doctor ordered, but apart from that? A series of mostly missable matches and pre-Royal Rumble filler. Bleah.

Like I said, really in the middle on this show.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was the first PPV that I haven't ordered in a while, and I don't regret saving my $35. I'm disappointed I missed Edge's first championship "as it happened", but 90 seconds of interesting television does not a 3-hour show make.

So next week, I'll spend $30 on the TNA PPV, and use the extra $5 to buy some leftover Christmas wrapping paper. It's a win/win situation.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Ewww.... TNA? Are they still around?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home